8 reasons i might want you to like me
from evy's notebook
(an exploration of stories i tell myself, written at my therapist's request)
- You seem cool and I want to talk to you, so I want you to want to talk to me.
- We both regularly hang out in the same place, and I want to feel comfortable there.
- I want to feel a sense of belonging.
- If you don't like me, you might not assume best intentions when I do something. I'm afraid of conflict based around miscommunication and distrust.
- If you don't like me, you might talk to other people about it and then they might also not like me.
- I respect you, and what you think of me affects how much I respect myself.
- If you don't like me, maybe others won't like me for similar reasons.
- I'm afraid of being alone.